Doping case - Middle East Championships 2013
Event: Middle East Championships, 19.th – 21st September 2013, Jordan Royal stables Al Hummar
Horse: SF Verify , bay stallion, born 20.02.2006
Owner /responsible Person: Nofal Ali Sawaed (owner), Mofeed Sahnini (handler and leasee and responsible person)
The first analyses (A Test) revealed the presence of the substance FLUNIXINE, classified as a controlled substance under the FEI equine prohibited substances list, according to BB and FEI regulations. No B Test was required.
The SDC imposes the following sanctions:
1. The horse SF Verify is disqualified from ME Championships, Jordan.
2. The PR Mofeed Sahnini is entitled to pay the cost for all medicamentation testing and subsequent costs of the investigation. ( Art 5, Art 14 RMC )
3. The PR Mofeed Sahnini is suspended from taking part at any EAHSC affiliated show for a period of one year. ( Art 24 a RDC )
4. The horse SF Verify is suspended from taking part in any EAHSC affiliated show for a period of 6 months. ( Art 24 b RDC )
5. The SDC imposes a fine of EUR 1500.- towards the PR Mofeed Sahnini to be paid to ECAHO after receipt of the treasurer´s invoice. ( Art. 14 RMC, Art 24 c Ecaho constitution)
6. The decision will be published at the Ecaho Homepage.
Date of publishing: 14.4.2014
text by Gideon Reisel
On the 3rd of April 2014, Mrs. Toto Modderman was knighted in name of his majesty the King of the Netherlands, as Knight in the Order of Orange Nassau for her exemplary voluntary achievements.
This distinguished honor was bestowed upon her for 50 years of voluntary work in the field of the Arabian Horse and horses in general, celebrating not only her voluntary work for the Dutch Arabian Studbook for 50 years, but also her work for the Partbred Studbook of the Netherlands and the Lipizzaner Studbook of the Netherlands for over 34 years.
These three have a strong common bond as the latter have refined their type of horse with breeding to Arabian Horses either in the past or in the present.
Please check the change is dates of Shows in 2014. Thecalendar was published in the printed magazines but in the meantime the shows change their dates, venues or were cancelled.
This is the link to the last version with the updates: SHOW CALENDAR 2014
DC courses for acceptance to ECAHO B list of DC´s
ECAHO organizers International DC courses for acceptance to ECAHO B list of DC´s.
1) 12.-13. July 2014 North Staffs Summer Show - Great Britain
Instructors: Janet Court, Dr. Laura Mascagna
2) 16.-17. August 2014 - Marbach - Germany
Instructors: Jackie Vandyke, Dr. Thomas Stohler
All details will be published soon.
Dear ECAHO Officials,
the Executive Committee members decided not to support certain show(s) which are in conflict with the rules and regulations of ECAHO.
Currently the following shows are not recommended, some other shows are under discussion and may be published on this place later on:
- Bruges Arabian International Horse Event (7.-8.6.2014, Bruges, Belgium)
- Portorosa Cavalli (10.-13.4.2014, Sicily, Italy)
These shows are organized in ECAHO member countries without acceptance by the National organization and it is not possible to ensure that all the BB rules are kept.
Officials who will officiate at the above mentioned show may be suspended from the ECAHO lists.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact Executive Secretary.