European Conference of Arab Horse Organizations (ECAHO) (hereinafter “ECAHO”) is a Swiss association (“Verein”) registered in the commercial register of the canton St. Gallen, Switzerland. References in this policy to “we”, “us” or “ECAHO” are references to ECAHO.
ECAHO is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
The personal data that we collect and use may include:
- Basic information, such as your name, your profession, your title or position;
- Contact information, such as your physical address, e-mail address and phone number(s);
- Financial information, such as bank account details;
- Technical information, such as your IP address and other information collected from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically;
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of attending shows and events;
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected by us as part of our registration process;
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our members or officials or judicial bodies or generated by us;
- Details of your correspondences and visits to our offices; and
- Any other information which you may provide to us.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- When you interact with us, such as for example when you provide data to us by filling in forms and submitting them to us (on our website or on paper);
- When you browse or interact with our website(s) or use any of our online services;
- When you write or e-mail us or provide such data to us in other circumstances.
Ordinarily, you will have provided any such data to us. But in some cases, we may collect data about you from a third-party source, such as our members, government agencies, an information or service provider or from public records.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only use your personal data in connection with our ordinary activities, which may include:
- Providing services with regard to shows and competitions, the registration. the breeding and the welfare of Arab Horses;
- Managing our business relationship with you or your organization, whether in connection with the provision or procurement of goods and services, including processing payments, billing and collection and related support services;
- Managing and securing the access to our offices, systems and online platforms;
- Complying with our jurisdiction, as well as with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements;
- Processing that is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interest of ECAHO or third parties provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- For any purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided the personal data to ECAHO.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Additional purposes for which we may process your personal data may include:
- Communicating with you with respect to legal issues, shows and events, and products and services which may be of interest to you;
- Distributing surveys or marketing materials;
- Gathering information regarding your preferences to improve the quality of our communications and interaction with you, such as through website analytics or the tracking of our publications; and
- Any other purpose for which you have given consent.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within ECAHO. Our offices at all times ensure a level of data protection at least as high as those required by the laws of Switzerland and the EU. We may also need to transfer personal data to third parties, including third parties based outside Switzerland or the EU involved.
Where we share or transfer your personal data, we do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws and take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to prevent your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems, or on those of our service providers and consultants, or in paper files.
7. DATA RETENTION
We can retain your personal data until it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes we collected it or you withdraw your consent, provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data, for example for legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In particular, we may retain your personal data for an additional period of time to the extent that deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent that we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and, if we are permitted or required to do so under applicable laws and regulations, we are required and will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and correct any errors identified by you.
In addition, you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data as well as the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities regarding the processing of your personal data.
All requests, questions or comments regarding this policy or our handling of your personal data should be addressed to email@example.com.